yummy North Indian dish
Filed in Main Dishes
Serves 4 people
A dish which everyone loves to eat outside. But now you can make it at home very easily and it will be much more nutritious instead of outside junk food.
- Two cans of petit diced tomatoes (14 oz each)
- Two small boiled potatoes (mashed)
- One green bell pepper
- One big Onion (chopped)
- Three cloves of garlic ( minced)
- One cup of chopped carrots
- One cup of Peas
- 4 tsp. of Pau Bhaji Masala (MDH recommended)
- 1 tsp. of Red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 green chilies (chopped)
- 3 tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil/Vegetable Oil
- 2 tsp. butter
- 2 cups of water.
- 10 buns cut in half with butter on one side. (2 whole buns for family of four)
- Puree Tomatoes and keep it aside.
- Heat Oil in non stick pan and throw onions inside the pan.
- When onions are golden brown add all the vegetables (Green Pepper, Peas, Carrots)
- When veggies are turning light golden brown add tomato puree and stir till oil leaves sides of the pan.
- Simmer to medium low and add mashed Potatoes.
- Stir and close the lid let it simmer for five minutes till we prepare the masala to go in this pan. (You must close the lid, as soon as the potatoes are added tomatoes puree will be jumping and dirty your stove top).
- Take another small non stick skillet / pan and heat 2tsp. of butter or Oil
- Add minced garlic and green chilies.
- Add Salt, Red Chili Powder and add Paubhaji masala and add one tsp of Tomato puree from another pan.
- Now add this garlic masala to main pan.
- Add two cups of water.
- Let it simmer on low heat for 15-20 mins till color is red-orange.
- Till the Bhaji is ready heat the bread buns and chop one onion.
- Now serve it hot to your family their favorite dish from your kitchen. I am sure they will ask for more.