Delicious methi palak bhaji in Hyderabadi style
Filed in Main Dishes
Serves 2 people
- 4 cup Methi leaves (washed and finely chopped)
- 2 cup Palak leaves (washed and finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1 tbsp gram flour (chana dal flour)
- 1 cup Toor dal
- 2 tbsp oil
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 1/4 tbsp mustard seeds
- 4-5 dry red chillies
- 1/2 tbsp Asafoetida
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 3-4 green chillies (crushed)
- 1/4 cup tamarind pulp [thick pulp:- 3-4 tbsp tamarind soaked in a leass than 1/2 cup hot water]
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil and 4-5 garlic cloves (finely chopped) for tadka [optional]
- Cook methi palak leaves (finely chopped) with peanuts and water in a cooker on high pressure for 10 mins (3-4 whistles)
- Cook dal in cooker on high pressure for 10 mins (3-4 whistles)
- Allow to cool completely. then add gram flour in methi-palak mixture and mash it with hands.
- Mash the dal seperately
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, add curry leaves and red chillies when mustard seeds start spluttering.colour of the red chillies will change immediately in 5-10 secs.
- Then add Asafoetida, turmeric powder, dal and stir for 2 mins
- Add methi palak mixture, tamarind pulp, crushed green chillies and salt
- Cook for 10 mins and keep aside
- Heat oil in a seperate pan and add chopped garlic. add this tadka to sabji when gralic turns into brown colour.
Please note tadka is optional.
- You can adjust the quantity of termanind pulp as per your taste. Add lots of ghee on plain hot rice and have this bhaji with it and enjoy!!