Creamy halwa made of bread n dry fruits
Filed in Desserts and Sweets
Serves 4 people
This is the most easiest halwa ever made ..... jus try it out and lat me how it was......
- 1 Whole loaf of milk bread cut into slices(medium loaf)
- 3/4 liter of whole milk(full fat)
- 1/2 tin condensed milk
- 1 cup of evaporated milk
- 1 cup dry fruits(almonds, pistachio, melon seeds,dates)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4-5 tbsp pure ghee(clarified butter)
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 3 cups cooking oil
- In an heavy bottom dish(with a lid) heat the ghee on a low flame and fry the dry fruits until golden brown.
- Add whole milk, condensed milk and evaporated milk to the fried dry fruits and let it come to boil.
- Add the cardamom powder and stir well.
- Then add the sugar and let the whole mixture cook under a medium low flame for 10-12 minutes.
- While the milk mixture cooks, in a frying pan(kadai)heat the cooking oil and start frying the bread slices.
- As u fry the slices immerse the slices into the milk mixture.
- Let the bread soak in the milk mixture for 20 minutes.
- Serve chilled or hot with a garnish of your favorite nuts.