Easy and Yummy sweet dish
Filed in Desserts and Sweets
Serves 2 people
Sweet dish made of bread and milk,quick and easy to make and rich in taste
- 500 ml. milk
- 4 slices of bread
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. chopped mixed nuts (dry fruits)
- 1 tsp. Ghee
- 2 tsp. fresh malai (cream)
- 1/2 tsp. cardamom powder
- 1-2 threads of saffron
- Boil milk till reduced to half. Add sugar, cardamom powder and saffron (dissolved in a little milk) towards the end of the process.
- Cut the bread slices into round shape with the help of a round object of sharp edge.
- Apply a little ghee on both sides and toast it on a tava very lightly (not brown).
- Mix the nuts with the cream or malai and apply on one side of two bread pieces.
- Place the other two pieces on top of each (like a sandwich)
- Place it on a serving dish and pour the thick milk over it.
- Garnish it with chopped nuts and serve (hot or cold)